If I ever try, please kindly refuse.
I was approached to do my first commission about 10 years ago. It's amazing how the time has passed but it's also nice to see how much my style has matured and become more refined. I've learnt to be more transparent (in terms of costings) and also match the brief more closely.
HOW MUCH DOES A COMMISSION COST?
Interested in your own personalised portrait of yourself, family, friends, pets etc? Maybe you would like something else... Hopefully below will help you get an idea of costings.
HEAD & SHOULDERS PORTRAIT
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO GET STARTED?
Once you've had a read below, please fill out the following COMMISSION FORM
AND THEN WHAT HAPPENS?
I will email you back with the following information:
- If there's enough info, a final quote (which includes printing and delivery costs too)
- If I require any more information/reference photos from you
- I will also confirm whether the deadline is achievable or not
After you have confirmed that you are happy with everything, I will start mocking up your commission and get a draft over to you. I use the draft as an opportunity to ensure everything's in the right place, without wasting too much time in the process. On confirmation, that's when the refinement starts. I will then craft your commission into a truly unique gift, which should be loved for years to come!
WHAT SIZE WILL IT BE?
I can print anything up to A3 (29.7x42cm) but you can browse some PRINT SAMPLES here for style and size. If you require a print larger than this I can arrange this to be done with an external printer.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The average time to finish a commission is around 1-2 weeks but depends on workload.
THE SMALL PRINT
- The above prices excludes postage & packaging which is…
£5 UK, £6 Europe & £8 for anywhere else.
- Multiple copies of the above prints can be made for an extra £10 per copy.
- All prints are now printed on 240gsm premium quality matt paper*.
- All prints can be printed at the following sizes…
A3 (29.7 x 42cm) • A4 (21 × 29.7cm) • (15 x 15 cm) • (25 x 25 cm)
or if you have a specific size you want then please just ask.
- Every effort is made to ensure you get the best quality print because I print, cut and send all prints myself. For peace of mind if you are not happy with your print please get in touch and we can arrange a reprint.
*previously printed on 160gsm premium quality matt paper, this was updated on 1st July 2020.